Monday 9 November 2015

To chase or not to chase

To chase or not to chase my cherished goal madly is the question that I am faced with right now. I know very well that if I chase my goal with full deliberation, I am sure to achieve it. I have done it before and I can do it again. But the big questions that I face is was that chase worth it? Well herein I want to say to myself that the chase was indeed worth it and I need to chase a goal once again. I am cognizant of the fact that I achieved the goal last time but something went wrong after that. I feel it was not because the goal chasing was wrong, nor the goal itself was wrong, indeed it was a cherish-able goal, what was wrong was that it was not enduring. Once I achieved that goal there was a sense of vacuum that I felt. And I did not fill it with an equally appealing goal. I took to spirituality but I forgot the achievement gene in me. I recall the instructions given by Sri Krishna to Arjuna in Bhagavad Gita that Arjuna should not hesitate to fight the war and be a beggar because when people will despise him, he will not be able to tolerate. Sri Krishna asked Arjuna to fight so that it gives him a sense of material satisfaction but to also spiritualize his fighting so that he is not bound by the karmic reactions and achieves peace of mind.
I too have to follow the strategy of Arjuna. Well, I want success in technology, research and I want huge sums of money for me. I AM GOING TO CHASE IT WITH FULL DELIBERATION. I am only going to do a few things that will ensure that I will not be frustrated at the end of all this and do indeed enjoy my life all throughout. These things are:
1. Keep in touch with a good number of people both online and offline.
2. Have a deeper friendship with atleast one of them.
3. Take time off to visit family
4. See how you can benefit more and more people with your technical and business knowledge.


No comments:

Post a Comment