Friday 1 January 2016

Kota Chronicle: When excellence is the norm

At the surface Kota is thought to be a fiercely competitive environment where students are fighting for their choicest dream. For me, however, it was a different story and I will many would agree with these. My fellow students all had great humane values coming forward to help each other even it meat personal sacrifice. an there was very little ego. I mean no matter how intelligent people were they all behaved as if everyone is ordinary. Maybe when excellence becomes a norm pride has no place. I personally never wished any other student to perform less so that i could go ahead, and others felt the same way towards me. There was a sense of healthy competition, a sense of respect for each other which I do not find in much less 'successful' groups that I have come across. There was no prejudice either, we hardly knew about each other's background in detail. There was a common objective of excellence and we were quite comfortable with the fact that one who puts the best effort gets the best result. Even the teachers were very relaxed and did not put any pressure. For me, who has never worked under a pressure to perform, it was a sigh of relief. They teachers were never moved by fleeting show of excellence or a drop in performance. They knew that life is a long game and sustained efforts is what ultimately pays you.
In the present environment in which I live is not composed of the most academically successful people but still there is jealousy and back biting. May be only when excellence becomes a norm pride has no place.

No comments:

Post a Comment